These alternative technical solutions open the floor to explore how the integration of these electric vehicles into our daily life can improve the quality of our environment we live in and the quality of our daily life. This is what we are exploring and assessing with our Interreg-funded BSR electric project since October 2017.
Within our use cases, one example is to explore the inclusive use of electric scooters in hospitals and other public places. Riga Energy Agency has started to test how electric scooters could increase access to areas such as hospitals and cemeteries for people with impaired mobility for whom longer foot walks are often impossible. As part of our series of webinars on the different types of e-vehicles and their usage, this webinar will take place on March 21st at 14:00pm (UTC+1).
- Experiences from the pilot in the Riga 1st city hospital using electric scooters.
- Examples from an entrepreneur who is working with public bodies on what electric scooters can be used for and how to make it work.
- Discussion / Q & A section
- Mr. Timurs Safiuļins is the head of Riga Energy Agency. He has been involved in the main strategic policy plans development for Riga city, including the Sustainable Development Strategy of Riga until 2030 and the Development Programme of Riga for 2014-2020, which aims to increase the sustainable transport solutions development in the capital city. Mr. T. Safiulins will present the first results of e-scooter tests in Riga 1st hospital and demonstrate the first lessons learned.
- Mr. Sandis Zučiks is the "ARDENIS ltd“ representative, who actively follows the electro mobility development processes globally and creates daily reviews in social media (electromobility.lv). During this webinar, he will present different case studies from a Latvian entrepreneur, demonstrating how e - scooters can be adapted technically to specific needs with the aim to facilitate the social inclusion.
- Mr. Arnis Bergs is the head of the Zero Emission Mobility Support Society. The aim of the society is to promote the development of sustainable, non-polluting, mobility-enhancing transport. Mr. A. Bergs is the leading electro mobility expert in Latvia.
For questions on the webinar topic, please contact Timurs Safiuļins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To join the webinar, please find below the link and further information.
Time: Mar 21, 2019 14:00 PM Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna
Join Zoom Meeting
If your computer or mobile device does not support audio, you can dial in via telephone. Find your local number here: https://zoom.us/u/ad4ZfkCQax
Meeting-ID: 904 204 917
Pictures are kindly provided by the moderating partner Riga Energy Agency. All rights reserved by them.